Ah, the human body…a very clever yet sometimes slightly gross creation.
Eyelashes seem pretty non-offensive don’t they?!
On the subject of bodily fluids, I’m still not over the fact that our bodies produce around a litre of saliva a day (yes, you did read that right).
In other hair facts, head lice cannot live long without feeding on a scalp.
Prepare to be really grossed out, because I’m betting most of you haven’t heard of a fecal transplant.
Speaking of bodily functions, I was astounded to find out that the average adult produces 6.3 cups of urine a day.
Healthy people pass gas between 12 and 25 times a day.
Ever wondered why your feet smell after a particularly busy day or workout session?
Nail biters listen up! Underneath your fingernails is a breeding ground for bacteria.
If you’ve ever thought you were bloated during a summer holiday or heatwave, then there’s a high chance you weren’t imagining it.
What’s your favourite gross, funny, or fascinating body fact? Get involved and share it in the comments!
Sarah Carter is a health and wellness expert residing in the UK. With a background in healthcare, she offers evidence-based advice on fitness, nutrition, and mental well-being, promoting healthier living for readers.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)