I’m telling you: we likely won’t see a better TV deal than this on Black Friday. But, sadly, not everyone is going to be able to buy it.
That’s because Amazon is asking wannabe buyers to register their interest in this 55-inch 4-Series 4K Fire TV for £149 (was £549.99). Then, the retailer will let you know if you’re one of the lucky few given the chance to buy it from November 22. Oh, and you also need to be a Prime member.
It’s a lot of hoops to jump through, but I think it’s definitely worth it as it’s an absurdly low price for a smart TV of this size that also supports high-quality 4K resolution and HDR 10 to give you impressive overall image quality.
For a slightly smaller and cheaper option, you could also register your interest in this TCL SF540K 40-inch Full HD Fire TV down to £119 (was £239). It only offers full HD support but that’s fine considering the smaller size that’s best suited to a second screen in the kitchen or bedroom. Or, for those who aren’t concerned with premium picture quality and just want to bag a bargain in this year’s Black Friday deals.
Is the invite-only restriction a bit of a marketing trick in order to create a feeling of false scarcity? Almost certainly. Would I recommend you sign up anyway if you have a cheap TV on your Black Friday wishlist? Most definitely.
Invite-only Fire TV deals at Amazon
Silly gimmick aside, it’s very unlikely that either of these TVs will be beaten on price and value for money this Black Friday. If you do want a fancier option, you should check out our comprehensive Black Friday TV deals hub that features all the latest offers on everything from cheap large-screen displays to high-end OLED TVs.
More of the best Black Friday deals
- Amazon: up to 65% off TVs, appliances + more tech
- AO: up to 40% off appliances, TVs and tech
- Argos: up to 50% off toys, tools and tech
- Boots: up to 40% off 1,000s of beauty products
- Currys: up to 40% off TVs, appliances and laptops
- eBay: up to 60% off refurbished Ninja, Dyson + Apple tech
- Ebuyer: up to 45% off laptops and PC components
- EE: up to £600 off phones, TVs and games consoles
- Emma: up to 65% off mattresses, frames and pillows
- John Lewis: up to 40% off tech, homewares and clothing
- Jessops: up to £550 off Sony, Canon, Nikon, and Fujifilm
- Ninja: up to 25% off air fryers and cookware
- O2: up to £600 off iPhone, Samsung and Google
- Samsung: up to £600 off TVs, phones and appliances
- Shark: up to £100 off vacuums
- Simba: up to 55% off mattresses
- Superdrug: 60% off beauty, fragrances and makeup
- Toolstation: up to 30% off smart home, tools and DIY
- Very: save on tech, decor, appliances and furniture
- Vodafone: six months half-price SIMs from £11.50
Laura Adams is a tech enthusiast residing in the UK. Her articles cover the latest technological innovations, from AI to consumer gadgets, providing readers with a glimpse into the future of technology.