Alec Baldwin deletes Twitter account following tell-all interview about fatal ‘Rust’ shooting

0

Alec Baldwin has deleted one of his two Twitter accounts following his tell-all interview with George Stephanopoulos about the shooting incident that took place on the set of the movie “Rust.” 

The actor had two verified Twitter accounts, one of which he was much more active on and was the one he used to previously issue statements about the fatal shooting incident that took place on the set of the indie-western movie in October. However, following his interview last week, it seems the star has completely deleted the account labeled @AlecBaldwin. However, his account @AlecBaldwln____ remains live with the latest tweet being from October 19. Prior to that, it was only active in June. 

It’s unclear why the actor chose this time to delete the account. Representatives for Baldwin did not immediately respond to Fox News’ request for comment.

ALEC BALDWIN’S CLAIM HE DIDN’T PULL TRIGGER ON ‘RUST’ SET QUESTIONED BY SHERIFF: ‘GUNS DON’T JUST GO OFF’

Alec Baldwin sat down for his first formal interview since the fatal on-set shooting that took place on “Rust.”  
(Photo by Jeff Neira/ABC via Getty Images)

However, the timing coincides with the debut of his interview with Stephanopoulos, which was his first formal interview since the on-set tragedy that resulted in the death of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins and injured director Joel Souza. 

EMOTIONAL ALEC BALDWIN RECALLS ‘RUST’ SHOOTING

Among the many revealing moments from the interview was the assertion from the 63-year-old actor that he did not pull the trigger that resulted in the gun firing. Instead, he claims that he was rehearsing the scene with Hutchins and that it required him to pull the hammer back on the firearm. 

Alec Baldwin has seemingly deleted his Twitter account.

Alec Baldwin has seemingly deleted his Twitter account.
(Photo by Rich Polk/Getty Images for IMDb)

“I let go of the hammer of the gun,” Baldwin described. “And the gun goes off.”

CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR OUR ENTERTAINMENT NEWSLETTER

Baldwin said he didn’t know what had happened until he was in the police station, hours later. A police officer told Baldwin that a .45 caliber slug came out of Souza’s shoulder at the conclusion of his interview, he said. The police also confirmed Hutchins’ death to Baldwin at the end of the interview.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Alec Baldwin spoke with reporters about the deadly on-set shooting on the movie 'Rust.'

Alec Baldwin spoke with reporters about the deadly on-set shooting on the movie ‘Rust.’
(Fox News Digital)

Other noteworthy moments included Baldwin saying that he does not believe he’ll be charged with any crimes as a result of the incident. However, he is currently among those involved in civil litigation over the death of Hutchins. 

Fox News’ Jessica Napoli and the Associated Press contributed to this report.

FOLLOW US ON GOOGLE NEWS

 

Read original article here

Denial of responsibility! Elite News is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – [email protected]. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Comments
Loading...